Stats from a recent NMA.co.uk / lightspeed report show:
- That people are now more likely to read articles and papers through online media rather than through paper publications.
- That video clips are mainly only watched once on the majority
- Preferences for content on newspaper sites are normally for most recent and up to date articles rather than archived versions.
- That we like to set our own preferences on articles that we receive rather than have numerous newsletters sent to us.
- 93.9 per cent of reading activity online is still via the PC or Laptop but that over a quarter of 18 – 30 years old access sites via their mobiles.
- Headlines and pictures are the first thing that the vast majority of people click on.
- Sharing of content form these sites is especially important to most readers
- Unsurprisingly Facebook and email are the most popular ways to share content
- With twitter following closely behind and then StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious and others sites further behind.
Getting your brand out there has never been easier – but making sure your employer brand is right is the most important thing you can do. To attract candidates who could potentially be your next employees, and entice the champions from your industry to you. The way in which you continue to promote your employer brand internally within the business and retain those that you need to in order to help make you the Employer of Choice.
By getting your business profile online in the right way is the first way of promoting on a budget and allows you to really reach the masses. Your businesses online profile is an essential piece of media information so get it spot on, spend time really looking at how you want to get your message across and what media to use.
Topsite.com lists the top ten social networking sites as:
In addition there are StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious along with many many others and this is without even looking at the online business and industry directories, your own business website and brochures online.
Once you have decided where to place your business profile all you have to do is add it, identify the people in your business who will be responsible for keeping it up to date and those that will be responsible for updating you blogs online. Keeping in line with your company branding guidelines allowing everything to be pulled together so that anyone interested in your business gets the same message and keeping your Employer brand alive and out to the masses!